We can help you understand the needs, expectations and behaviours of your customers early in your projects by conducting 1-on-1 interviews with people with disabilities.
- This will ensure accessibility and inclusivity is factored in from the start of your design process and save you money down the track on expensive development changes.
- It will highlight key considerations for designing accessibly and inclusively which will improve the user experience for all your customers.
Inclusive Usability testing
We can recruit people with different disabilities to test your prototype, or live products and services, and provide recommendations that will improve the user experience for all your customer groups.
- Inclusive Usability testing to be done remotely or in-person in a Vision Australia office.
- Verify the solution meets the needs and requirements of people with disability.
- Gain insights into how the product or service can be improved for people with disability.
- Develop awareness of disability by observing sessions.
- Usability testing during the prototyping phase is an investment that will save you money on costly development changes in the future.
"I've learned a lot, we never get exposed to people with disability in our day to day"
- Digital Access client that observed user testing sessions
We can complete an expert review of screen designs, design systems, prototypes, templates, and components to identify accessibility and/or usability issues. All our feedback and advice is supported by disability standards and guidelines or evidence-based research.
- This is a quick cost-effective way to get meaningful accessibility and usability feedback so you can adjust your designs before they go into development or go live.
- We can identify issues where the design does not mee the requirements of WCAG and other standards.
- During the review we will explain the reason behind our recommendations which will help you and your team learn practical accessibility skills you can then take away into day-to-day operations.
"Our designers are really getting a lot out of the design reviews, they are saying things like 'i can start doing that with everything' and are really embedding accessibility in their practice"
- Digital Access Design review client
We can run focus groups with people with different disabilities and provide recommendations on features and designs that will improve the experience for all your customer groups:
- Focus groups are a fantastic way to hear what your customers want early on to save you money on costly development and design changes down the track.
- Focus groups can also be a terrific way to co-design solutions with your customers and produce tailored ideas and features that suit their needs.