On this page
What is My Aged Care?
My Aged Care helps older Australians find support to continue living independently. The initiative is available to any Australian resident over the age of 65. It's also available to those over the age of 50 if you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Vision Australia and My Aged Care
Vision Australia is an approved provider and can support you to navigate My Aged Care with ease.
- Find answers to all your questions about My Aged Care and how it works.
- Navigate the registration/referral process to receive Vision Australia services.
- Switch to Vision Australia services or add us to your plan if you are already connected with My Aged Care.
- Help you understand and access services with Home Care Packages.
- Understand the range of services and supports available to you with Vision Australia.
Ready to set up your services? You’ll need to get in contact with the My Aged Care contact centre as a first step to confirm your eligibility:
Phone: 1800 200 422
You will be asked questions over the phone to help work out your needs and care arrangements. This takes at least 10 minutes. You will need your Medicare card. If you are calling on behalf of someone else, they will need to be present to give their consent.
The My Aged Care team will then arrange an assessment of what you need to remain independent at home. Then they'll create a plan for you. You can talk to the assessor about Vision Australia and choose us to be part of your plan.
What is funded by My Aged Care?
Most Vision Australia services can be funded through My Aged Care, either via Commonwealth Home Support Programme or Home Care Packages. From learning new skills for everyday tasks like cooking and getting out and about in your community. You can also join a recreation group. Access equipment and the latest technology to help you stay connected to friends and family.