On this page
Welcome to Vision Australia. This is the story of who we are, what we stand for, what drives our passion and ultimately our success. Our story is unique. It highlights a mission brought to life by actions driven by our heads and our hearts. At the centre of our story are the people we support. Vision Australia’s mission is to support people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose. Our mission is brought to life by our actions.
Our clients are at the centre of everything we do
We listen to our clients and build our services around their needs and aspirations. We trust our workforce to use their best judgement to support clients to achieve positive and measurable outcomes.
We advocate for social change so that people who are blind or low vision can live the life they choose
We actively strive to change the community’s perceptions about the capability of people who are blind or have low vision. We strive for equity and inclusion for people who are blind or have low vision in all areas of life.
We take a business-like approach to delivering on our purpose
We extend our impact by increasing the number of clients we support. We are responsible in how we use our resources.
Deliver the services our clients, their families and supporters need
We seek to make a measurable difference in the areas of education, employment, independence and social inclusion.
- Person centred. We measure our success in terms of outcomes for clients.
- Accountable. We hold ourselves responsible for what we do and don’t do.
- Collaborative. We work well together and with others to deliver the best possible outcomes.
- Commercially focussed. We work efficiently and responsibly to sustain and grow our services and influence.
- Agile. We will adapt, learn and innovate to have a positive impact in a changing environment.
Our commitment to our workforce
Vision Australia recognises our workforce (paid and volunteer) is our most valuable asset. It’s already a great place to work, and we continue to work together to make it even greater by;
- Creating a positive work environment so our people can deliver great client outcomes.
- A focus on performance so our people can successfully contribute to the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Investing in capability to ensure we meet the current and future needs of the business and the aspirations of our people.
People love to work at Vision Australia
Our workforce gains personal satisfaction from seeing clients achieve their goals.
Our people have the flexibility to balance client needs with their own needs and the expectations of Vision Australia.